The first mitt is finished. It still needs to be blocked and it looks much nicer when being worn than in the photo. I had it nearly finished and ripped it back to redo the thumb as I didn't like the way is sort of sticks out nor how really small it was. I ended up not being able to figure out a better way to do it, so I just added a few rows of ribbing on top to both keep it from splaying out and to make it longer. I also added a few rows after the pattern and more ribbing rows to make the mitt longer. This is the 4th try at the 2nd cuff. First couple of tries were my mistakes and then I was half way done when I realized that there were some errors that I'd not caught when reading it over. I think I've got it figured out this time. The cuffs are opposite though so if it gives me any more issues, I'll just redo the right cuff and forgo the difference in patterns since I already know that there is only 1 mistake in the right cuff and I've already fixed it.
We've had a pretty orange kitty hanging around. It's not terribly afraid of people, so I'm thinking it might be a dropped off kitty, rather than a feral barn cat. Sadly, it's getting skinny, which means it's hunting skills aren't up to par, also why I think it might have been toss out of a vehicle, and isn't a barn cat. Barn cats are usually pretty well fed. It's now got a hurt leg. I'm hoping it stays out of the way of the raccoon and maybe I can figure out some way to slip it some food. So far the chooks have eaten everything I've tried to set out for it.