Pages

February 05, 2017

Holidays!

It was a busy week.  I'm glad that the weather held for most of it, because we had places to go.   It started on Sunday when we went to the Dierks Bentley concert.  We saw him a couple of years ago and it was  a good concert, although the openers, Tim Hicks and Randy Houser stole the show.  This time Jon Pardi opened and his set was simple, but it worked really well.  His music was pretty awesome though.  Cole Swindell sounded a bit like he had a sore throat and a lot of his songs are a bit whiney, but he was good.   Dierks was great though and has obviously had a good connection to the audience.  I really enjoyed this show.   I'd sure like a better camera though, for concert shots.  My phone camera is starting to wear out.

 The Japanese Indigo started sprouting.  It was a happy moment when I checked the planter and found these tiny, little sprouts starting to pop up.   The planter has a clear dome, which I'm opening for part of the day.  Not only can I watch the seedlings grow but I think it keeps them healthier and fungus free.

One of Al's friends gave him tickets to the Rangers game on Friday.  While the wind was blustery during the day, causing a lot of road drifting, the roads were fine in the evening.  It was my first live hockey game and it was fun.   We only stayed for 2 periods though.  Not only was it a blow out in score but the gal seated beside Al was hacking, sneezing and coughing all over him while chatting him up and the one beside me kept plying her hands with heavily fruity scented hand creme and sucking back the menthol cough drops.   Ugh...   So we decided to leave early.  We listened to the rest of the game on the way home.

The bobbin of the purple superwash Merino is almost full and I'm almost out of roving.   I'm trying to decide whether to ply it back on itself or spin up a bobbin of a second colour and ply them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment