Pages

June 16, 2013

Kevin Update and on the wheel

 Kevin kitten is no longer very kittenish.  He's pretty much all grown up.  Gone is my cuddly little kitten.  Instead he's a very outgoing, curious and brave little boy.   He still loves his snuggles though, but he's definitely my husband's cat.  He adores Al, even waiting at the window for him when it's about time for the truck to pull in after work.
He wants to be an outside cat though and we haven't had an outside cat in many, many years.   So much is his desire to go outside, that he pushed open the screen door by himself, has snuck out when I'm trying to let the dog out or in and now just scratches the door or window, meowing in a loud way, to get outside.   So my sweetie has been taking him out to play.  At first he was using a leash and harness, but that was not satisfactory to poor Kevin.  Today, he got out without the leash.   He was good an kept close and came back in after a few minutes.  Better than the time he escaped and we couldn't find him for hours and hours!

To keep my spinning skills warmed up before level 4 starts in a week and a half, I've been spinning this Merino/Silk blend.  It's very, very purple.  It's taking forever but I'm spinning it quite finely.   I decided to use a short forward draw so it's a lovely worsted.  I'm not yet sure what I want to do with this, but I knew that it wouldn't be mitts or a hat.  More likely it will end up as part of a scarf or shawl warp.


4 comments:

  1. I love the merino/silk. Gorgeous! And I loved the update on Kevin. It's hard letting go out because there are so many hazards out there. Still, it makes them happy and what's more important than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kitty! It's funny how pets get attached to one person more than the other. Our dog Maxie was supposed to be our daughter's pet but he really loved my husband best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm, the dark purple looks great - would go perfectly with my purple merino/silk blends:)
    and it's nice that Kevin can get out - I always think it's odd to keep cats only inside, when they are so into hunting and play/hunting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful!

    Our "barn" cats that hang out mostly at the "house" are always trying to come in. And then back out. And back in. And back out. Betsy hangs on the screen door, either side, until she gets what she wants. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete