Pages

April 04, 2013

Early Spring Blues

 I was outside today and noticed these true signs of spring.  Even though yesterday was blustery and snowy, today the world has transformed.    These are daffodils and possibly some hyacinths.  Nearby there should be crocuses growing but nothing this year.  I'm guessing that I'll have to replant this year.  I love crocuses in the spring.  One day I'd like to plants them all over the lawn for a wonderful spread of colour.  I've to hope that they'd grow before the lawn does though.
 Shibori samples!  There are more but they are paler in colour.  These ones I popped into the indigo pot this morning and started on chores.  I only remembered them after lunch, so they had a good long time to develop colour! 



The socks are done!  It's always a good thing to have a new pair of wool socks in the drawer.  I've been knitting and dyeing an awful lot of blue lately.  I definitely need a shot of some other colour right now.  Not that I'm complaining about the blue, because look at today's blue sky.  But I've been dyeing with indigo, weaving with indigo, knitting with indigo, the shibori is indigo and the socks may not be indigo, but they've indigo stripes.  I'm even rather fond of indigo blues, but  it's time for a project in another colour.  Maybe pink?    One can never have too many pairs of pink socks!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the lawn full of early spring color! And I love the shibori samples too. Well done on the socks too.

    ReplyDelete