|The hideous kitchen experiment begins|
So, I had my sweetie start yanking doors off, removing all the hardware. I scrubbed and sanded with a scrubbie, then sandpaper and steelwool. A trip to the paint store and more work, with lots of drying time in between. It's taking a while, but hopefully it the next week or so, I'll have some progress to show for all this work. At least it won't be pink cupboards any more. Now, if I could get rid of that hideous wallpaper and border.. two borders, one at the top and one mid-way on the wall no less. the problem there is that we've no idea what is actually under that paper. It may be a job we're not ready to undertake at this time.
I finished the second bobbin of the BFL/Nylon blend sock yarn and plied them together. I ended up with 380 yards of yarn, which should be more than enough for both an interesting dye experiment and a decent pair of socks.
After dropping off the 23 loaves of bread I made yesterday for a friend's dinner - (that was a lot of work, so much so that I forgot to take a photo of the mounds of bread) , I popped into the Fibre Garden on the way home. It's not actually on the way home, unless I go out of my way, but well worth the trip. May I just say that the store is filled with the most awesome fibery stuff and the boys there are friendly, knowledgeable and fun. I spent way too much money but came home with tons of goodies. The Russian support spindle was a difficult call. It was a difficult choice between two different styles, this one and a slightly heavier one. Hopefully I made the right call as I don't have a huge budget for spindles. I also found a pound of raw Perendale fleece. Although I'll need to wash it, it's got an amazing colour and lovely hand. Look at that length! I'm quite thrilled with it and it will be an interesting change from my usual choice of Shetland.