Pages

August 19, 2009

I'm Back

From moving and the wedding.
Moving was the worst move ever. I'm tired of cleaning the new house but there is still tons left to do. Everything in the new house is covered with grime.. one of the drawbacks I guess to moving to a century home with few renovations and updates done to it. On the upside though is the outdoor space is quite alluring. This is the house from the back. That deck has been calling me for tea times and meals. It is perfect for taking spinning breaks and I'm sure if I could figure out how to get a loom out there, I'd be weaving there as well.

There is a tiny man-made pond with water lilies. The poor dog fell in the first day when he was snuffling about. Luckily the gold fish didn't seem to be bothered much. I'm not fond of gold fish but apparently they are needed to consume the algae, so they have my blessing as the sound of the pond is lovely.

This is the front door. Well, side door in realty, but the one that is most obvious to use 'cause the front door has no real pathway or access to it. The inside door here has the most miserable of locks, requiring precision timing to actually open. But this is pretty and inviting, which perhaps makes up for the fact that it may take a while to actually get into the house.

There is a weedy garden area that I've started clearing out. I've got radishes and lettuce planted just to have something growing. The two Dyer's Greenweed bushes that I transplanted will hopefully take to their new homes. We're planning on where to put the new garden bed so we can accomodate the dye plants as well as the veggies. While the current garden is bigger than I had before, it isn't big enough for what I have envisioned :) There is a green house so I'll be able to grow new Madder, Woad and hopefully Dyer's Knotweed plants for next year. As well there are plans for heritage tomatoes, herbs and other plants.

1 comment:

  1. Oo Nina - it looks and sounds positively enchanting. I can't wait to see it.
    And now - tell us about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete