Pages

July 15, 2007

Cherry Jam


I bought a pail of pitted sour cherries since finally, Ontario locally grown cherries are available. I then spent the better part of the day making cherry jam. I miscalculated earlier in the season with Ontario grown strawberries and ended up with 21 jars of strawberry jam. I used larger jars this time, so it doesn't seem quite as much. This jam is miles better than the strawberry, so I don't mind at all. My middle son keeps asking when peach season is as peach jam absolutely rocks. Of course I keep forgetting that I don't have 4 hungry little kids at home any more and the adults and teens don't seem to eat quite as much jam. Did you notice the little almost empty jar on the left? That was what everyone had to sample for lunch today, along with fresh bread and brie, mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment